I have been in contact with a direct, private lender specializing exclusively in Securites Based Loans. These loans are different from real estate loans in that the loan is not on the real estate, but on a borrower’s portfolio (stocks, bonds, treasuries, mutual funds). The money can be used for any purpose, which is often real estate. The borrower retains all benecial interest in the shares (dividends, appreciation).
A brief summary provided to me by Anita Rodal, SBPI Services, Inc.:
- They can lend worldwide, with securities on almost any exchanges in the world.
- Minimum loan amount: $100,000 / minimum term: 3 years.
- Total time from application to funding is approximately 10 business days.
- Loan periods from 3-10 years.
- Interest rates from 2.5% to 4.5% fixed, interest only, payments due quarterly.
- 80% Loan to Value .
- Great for foreign nationals purchasing here, or Americans purchasing real estate outside the United States.
Disclaimer: This is not financial or legal advice, but rather a general overview of another financing option for homebuyers and investors who hold publicly traded stocks, bonds, mutual funds, etc. – and want to borrow money against them. As always, I am happy to refer you to qualified professionals.
If you have dreams of buying a second home or investment property outside the United States, please contact me. It all starts with an initial conversation and a plan.